Not if you have credits on Skype, then it wouldn't be expensive at all... That's how I make international phone calls.
Oh, and great news dff_punk!
Holy fuck I haven't read anything in this group... and I don't plan on it. Just, just let me know what's going on when it's appropriate.
This is what Gustavo just posted in Skype:
- Moderator says hi and welcomes everybody to the podcast
- The other members introduce themselves
- Explain to the listeners what a podcast is
- Talk about General Offspring Discussion
-- The shit is fucked up tour 2009 and rafrag world tour 2008
--- Pete as a drummer
---- Warren, Todd, Andrew
-- The last set-lists
-- Interview with Pete
** Listen to Lightning Rod live **
- General Chat
-- Al Coholic being an alt user
-- * add subject, add subject... don't really know what we threads we'd talk about *
** Listen to Forever And A Day with LM on vocals **
- Your Band
-- RAFRAG covered by us
-- SMASH covered by us
-- IGNITION covered by us
-- Artist of month (january)
-- BBS Mixtape
** A song by the artist of the month **
- Ask for opinions, ask people to comment on the thread
- Say good bye
So, sorry I missed the thing today. Unforeseen things came up, and there was no possible way of me making it. Next time, I shall be there 100%, though.
I have listened to our test conversation from yesterday and have the following observation:
1. It would be awesome if we could get the recording in stereo
2. Gus, I can hear the background noise in the recording
3. Gus, you seem much softer than the rest of us.
4. I love it when David sneezes and Adrian says 'That's David'
5. My intro sounds like 'Marachel' ... I suppose I need to speak more clearly. I can't get over how weird I sound.
6. It seems like the best connection is mine, so maybe I should remain the server (unless Carson's is better)
7. '- General Chat
-- Al Coholic being an alt user
-- * add subject, add subject... don't really know what threads we should talk about *'
This is not very helpful, considering it is my section No worries, I am working on some material
I think I should just mention that we agreed to get together again next Monday, 1st February at the same time we originally agreed upon.
The test conversation is nice, wonder why Gustavo's voice is in much better quality than all our voices... To say my opinion, I think the "introducing ourselves" part shouldn't take too long, just saying a few things about yourself in like 30 seconds(something like I did) keeps the flow going. It needs to be more consistent, without many "numb parts" or how would I say that. I did a radio show in college once, the most important thing is to talk, talk, talk
1. What do you mean by getting the record in stereo?
2. People were being too loud here in my house at the time, I can ask them to be quieter and it should be all good.
3. I know I do, and I actually have an idea... EVERYBODY should use the program I used to record the conversation, just in case, cause then we'd have everybody's voices separated in one side of the mp3 recorded and it'd make things easier, so that everybody's voices would sound the same, and also... In case the recorder's connection (whom I believe would be me) has troubles for a while, these 'static sounds'/'robotic sounds' or whatever you guys wanna call them, they wouldn't be shown in the actual podcast.
5. You don't sound weird, Marika. I need to speak way more clearly than any of you, I said 'hmm' A LOT OF TIMES, and that should NOT happen, AT ALL.
6. Yep! Apparently you'll be the server
7. I was hoping you'd take care of that. lol
Dee eff eff underline punk:
The reason why my voice sounds so much better is because the program records the file in two different sides of the mp3, in one of the sides contains the voice of the one who's recording, and in the other one, everybody else's. So, that's why I think that everybody should record a mp3 for the podcast, so that everybody's voices would sound the same (like mine did last time, I mean).
And yes, Dávid. You're right, those "numb parts" that you mean are the "hmmms", right? We should cut them out. I know it's almost impossible, but if we put some effort into it and concentrate, we might be able to say these "hmmms" with less frequency.
Good! I'm glad that you're going to join us next time... And that makes me wonder, what exactly is going to be Homer's role in the podcast?
Stereo ... where we are all in the same ear I know that you have said we should all get this recording program ... so what is the word on that?
Gus, this static/robotic sound seems to disappear when I'm the server, so I don't believe we will continue with this problem.
As for the 'hmm' thing, maybe it would help if we wrote down what we are going to contribute to our topics, it doesn't have to be a full script, maybe just key words. That way, we will be more focused on what we want to say and not have to think of something to say.
As we have discussed the topics and who will be doing what section, I'm not sure what David and Carson will be doing. Gus, you have drawn up a kind of setlist, maybe just split that into sub-sections, so there is equal contribution by everyone.
The reason why I said everybody should get the recording program is that so everybody's voice would sound as soft as mine did last time. Got it?
And, yeah, Marika, you'll probably be the server.
The key words thing is good idea. We probably should do that.
I need to know who would like to do what to splint that setlist into sub-sections.
By the way, ad8. I know this group is private, but apparently the content is not private, I can read everything when I'm logged out, is there any way to make the content private, as well? So that only the members can read it.
Alright, so, I can pretty much fix every single issue like the stereo, the softness, and the background noise. I've used the exact program many times before for another podcast (Call Graph). So, I guess I can always record it. Also, we should be fine with just one person recording! No need to get everyone to record; that's just wasted effort.
Also, my connection is fantastic without any hickups.
Lastly, if you don't know where to throw me, I can always be a moderator of some sort, just to keep things flowing. Used to do it on the old audio podcast I've done, and I still do it on my site's video podcast nowadays.