So I saw this today.
I vaguely heard about it before but never considered trying. Does anybody here have it ? Would you consider using it ?
(Video is subtitled in english).
I've seen a few videos about it but I don't think I ever would. What if you spill it and it goes everywhere? Gross! What if it's not comfortable? Than you wasted money on something you won't ever use. I just rather stick with tampons.
These are supposed to be great (both for the environment and for comfort and cleanliness and stuff), but I don't think I could ever deal with one. I have low self awareness, and can barely use a tampon, so I think this is out of my league!
And yeah, I would be terrified if it slipped and spilled on my pants!
I've heard nothing but great things about this from people who use it. I've been thinking about it, and it seems a lot better for your body. Pads and tampons are full of way more chemicals than this kind of thing. Plus I'm all for creating less waste. However, I don't like tampons because I find them uncomfortable, so I'd imagine this might be uncomfortable for me, as well. But still, I might try it.
FUCK. THE. CUP.
for these reasons:
1) it's gross. you get blood all over your hands if you have to change it in a public restroom and it's awkward to go clean it then put it back in. and a pain in the ass.
2) I have never had a sugardish issue IN MA LIFE..... except for the month I tried the "diva cup".
3) your blood is supposed to leave your body not become a cesspool for bacteria in your hot vagina a little plastic pool for 8 hours.
Actually, you and wheelchairman made funny contributions.
Anyway, the gross thing scares me a liitle bit too. I can't stand pads and tampons are very comfortable at first and then very uncomfortable. So I'm really thinking about trying this...
According to this video, it's big enough so you can keep it for a while and well, don't really have to change it in a public restroom... Of course, I wouldn't try it for the first time going on a music festival
Also Calichix, I hear what you say about the blood supposed to leave the body but the same goes with tampons so I suppose you don't like tampons either.
(what's a "sugardish issue" ?)
well, yeah. I use tampons when I need to teach a class (I teach a fitness class in which bouncing around with a cup of blood in my cuchi wouldn't be the jam) or if I'm gonna be in the water, which is like every day so I use the shit outta tampons. but at least with a tampon you can just like, change your tampon in 2 seconds. with a diva cup you have to:
1. clean your hands/make sure your nails aren't jagged
2. yank a cup full of menstrual blood out of your vag, with your panties around your ankles, sometimes squatting in a public place.
3. dump it out and make sure it doesn't splash you.
4. put on a panty-liner for the trip to the sink so you can wash the cup with soap and water.
5. shove it back in (sometimes you have to spit on it if your yoni doesn't ready itself for a rubber cup).
or you could wait for like 8-10 hours for you to get done with work/dinner/happy hours/ having a life and then go home and take a shower. which is convenient, unless you get a yeast infection.
issue= disrupted vaginal pH
and this is from seriously, the treehuggeriest californian ass treehugger on the planet.
Last edited by calichix; 09-19-2013 at 06:59 PM.